Logo

Aq145 engine swap.

87point2psi

I've decided to install my brand new rebuilt aq145a. It's been nice seeing it all Shiney in my garage for the past year or so, but it's time to put it in.
My question: What's the easiest way to remove the old 145 and install the new? Should I unbolt the flywheel cover from the block and lift the engine out on its own or should I remove the whole housing from the inside of the transom shield?
Looking for the easiest route as I don't have a helper.
Thanks!

I've decided to install my brand new rebuilt aq145a. It's been nice seeing it all Shiney in my garage for the past year or so, but it's time to put it in.
My question: What's the easiest way to remove the old 145 and install the new? Should I unbolt the flywheel cover from the block and lift the engine out on its own or should I remove the whole housing from the inside of the transom shield?

If you pull the engine with the flywheel cover attached to it, you will want to at least replace the FWD rubber cushion ring.
This ring provides the water seal.
You would also need to go through the triangulation adjustment/alignment procedure.

If you pull the engine only, you may not need to replace this ring, and you should not need to do the triangulation adjustment/alignment procedure.

Looking for the easiest route as I don't have a helper.

Thanks!

Back