Logo

15 hp 1977 mariner fuel connection

MIROCRAFT

I have a 1977 Mariner made in Japan. Looking for a tank side fuel line connector or possible conversion possibilities. My local shop said it would be difficult to find.

I took a look, I'm not sure. The dealer told me it was a double line, one sucking gas and one as a return from the motor pushing air to pressurize the tank.
That is not a double line. I had Mercury engines/Mercury built engine...Wizard 25 hp back in 1959 and had them off and on ever since. Never had one with a double line.

OMC (Johnson and Evinrude) did have double lines back in the 50's and I had some of them too. The hoses were special with the two tubes molded into one hose, side by side.

The connector I listed is what came on my engines up until I bought a 2002 rig and it was plumbed directly from the tank, no connector, so I don't know what connector was used then. My current 2002, a different rig is also directly connected.

Look at your fuel tank. If you have one fuel tube protruding and a pointed locking stud it's a one line system. Also the dual line OMC had a pump on top of the tank where you pumped pressure into the tank for priming.

You have a Yamaha built motor maybe look at Yamaha connectors. They are similar to OMC connectors but not the same. Put up a pic of this double line that your dealer said you had. Maybe find a new dealer while you are in the process.

Last edited:
Ok, if you have a ¼" line and a push on connection then this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fuel-Conne...891996?hash=item41d08ec61c:g:1mwAAOSwlf5ZzBcb

If a 5/16" and push on, then this one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-Fue...731074?hash=item3b00b1ed42:g:TVUAAOSwll1aes2Y

These may look like 2 line but there is only one fuel line and the other hole is the locking mechanism. The first one I listed was a twist to lock. These 2 are push to lock, like the first one, single hose. Go to ebay and get in the fuel connector section and look.....many pages of connections for Merc/Mar. engines.

Those are both later Mercury fittings Look for a straight up Yamaha fitting. The early smaller Mariner motors were a strictly Yamaha product all mercury did was purchase them from Yamaha to sell. Go some place that has a bunch of.fittings and compare yours. Or remove the motor fitting and extend the fuel line enough then buy A Mercury male and female fitting. Be careful removing the.line from the carb there are a lot of NLA parts on them.

Last edited:
Texasmark------On the old OMC pressure tanks there was a button that you pushed to pump FUEL into the motor.------Once the motor started air was pumped from the crankcase to the tank to keep fuel flowing.----A wonderful / reliable system.

Back