Logo

2002 Mercury efi 225 constant beeping!

Hello I have a 2002 Mercury efi and when I turn the key on it continuously beeps. Like beep beep beep. I have read about beeping 6 times every few minutes etc or a continuous horn (beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep) but I can't find anything referencing a continuous non stop beeping. Engine is also in guardian mode if i crank it up. The beeping happens even if don't crank it tho. Sitting in yard turn key. Get the first check beep then beep beep beep beep beep non stop. ANY idea where to start looking for issue??? I do have a clymer manual but it's vauge as far as the guardian system. Any and all help suggestions appreciated!

Hi, I have a 4-stroke 60HP Mariner from 2001. I experience the exact same thing I think. The engine starts, then the beeping kicks in after 20-30 seconds and won't stop. The beeping comes from the throttle remote control/lever. I've had this happen to me a few times, but shutting off and starting the engine up again has made the beeping go away and I've been able to go as usual, but now the issue occur immediately.

I bought a thick service manual but can't find any possible solution or info about what's going on. Can't find anything about the throttle sensor in the manual or where that throttle sensor is located. I have no clue of where to even start looking.

So if it's a throttle sensor failure - where do I even find it? Thinking I'll replace or clean it and see what happens. Thanks!

Understood. Thanks for the reply.
I've tried to find where it sits in both the service manual and online but can't find it anywhere.
Will go over the engine to see if I can find something that at least looks like one.

Back