Logo

Can Not Find Serial Number Anywhere

Pokkeroo68

I have a 65hp outboard Mercury motor - Ser#7003824 and I can not find a match for this number. I tried to upload the pictures I have but it doesn't load. I believe it is 1970+year but could be older. The decal is consistent with maybe mid 70's. I also noted that "Kiekhaefer Mercury" name also shows up on the motor (not sure if that is relevant). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I believe it is Canadian built and your guess of 1972 is close to mine which was 1973 and thank you for that info. I need to order new controls and if I can find them how do I know if they will fit if I guess 1972 or 1973? Is it possible that they would be the same controls?

I am a little more than 3 hrs from you.-----Be very careful with that 3 cylinder motor.---Lots of issues with cooling system.---Leakage / cracks at the #1 sparkplug.----Flimsy / weak lower unit.-----NLA ignition parts.---Have a number of these motors for parts.

Thanks so much racerone.....it's been sitting in my garage for many years. Have a 50 Force on my boat right now that just developed a problem so I thought I would see if I could get the Merc running. This is an awesome site and I really appreciate all the advice. Will try to be careful as per your advise....thanks.

Back