Logo

By pass on board oil tank

socmat23

Good Afternoon All,
I have a 1994 90 hp Evinrude, E90tlerc. Long before I purchased the boat some had disconnected the oil line and now I just pre mix as I refuel. Because of this I tried to remove the old oil tank only to realize there must be a fail safe in place that makes the motor think there is no oil and it wont start. I have wired it back in, but was wondering if there is an easy way to remove it and by pass the fail safe as well as the low oil alarm?
Thanks

I o not believe there is a " fail safe " to stop the motor.----There is a " low in in the tank " warning.-----There is a " no oil injected " warning.-----Those 2 warning signals do not stop the motor.----No need to wire it back in.-----Work carefully when working with " wires " mistakes are costly.

That's odd that there is no fail safe, the weekend I removed the oil tank I spent about 45 mins trying to get it to fire up with no luck. After reconnecting the oil tank it fired up on the next crank.

I cut the two wires going to the oil tank and then couldn't get it to start, as soon as I reconnected the oil tank it fired right up.

Back