Logo

2006 Mercury 25hp 4 stroke EFI water coming from midshaft area

Eric Stevenson

Hello,

My day has a 2006 Mercury 25hp 4 stroke EFI water coming from midshaft area and not the pee hole. i tried uploading a photo and a video but I guess the file is to big. My dad became ill and i was helping him sell the boat. i started it and no water from the pee hole. i replaced the water pump. it didn't look that bad. but when i run the engine I get water coming from a dime size hole from the midshaft area under the plastic cowling. i have hot air pressure coming from the pee hole. when i hold my finger over the hole it build up water pressure but nothing out the pee hole. could this engine have a thermostat that has to open before it pees? Im use to outboard doing it immediately. thank for any help.

Did you find your fix? It sounds like you missed the water passage hole and the water from the pump is just discharging into tne lower part of the engine.

thanks for the reply. last night i dropped the lower unit and that is exactly what happened. I didn't know you could miss it, but I did. thanks for your help.

Eric

Back