Logo

Dreaded $270 dollar 02 sensor

Kstafford

Contributing Member
One of my BF200’s is in need of a new 02 so I bought a OEM unit for $200 I would like to know if anyone has had success cleaning and reinstalling the original unit? Thanks

I've tried cleaning the sensor but without success. The Walker sensor I found a couple of years ago works fine and for just as long as the OEM sensor.

Thanks man
So $190 dollar 02 sensor from Honda won’t fit both my motors have some type of reducer in the manifolds and now if I google the part number of the 02 that’s in there it comes back with all kinds of BS this is getting stupid! Also WTF!

There was an updated O2 sensor that is required with the updated control unit (part number 3475-ZY3-A04) which required the reducer in the manifold. If you have this control unit then you should have the manifold reducer and the Walker #932-24008 sensor will fit.

There was an updated O2 sensor that is required with the updated control unit (part number 3475-ZY3-A04) which required the reducer in the manifold. If you have this control unit then you should have the manifold reducer and the Walker #932-24008 sensor will fit.
Thanks man I’ll give that a shot!

All this is covered in Honda service bulletin #70. If you need a copy, send an e-mail to me at [email protected] and ask for a copy. It's too big to load on this site.
I sent you a email for the info the Honda dealer looked at the records and it shows the motor getting a new 02 sensor in 2015 but he still thought from the serial number that I needed the bigger old style sensor no info on the retrofit it went through🙄

I ordered 2 new walker units as for now I cleaned both motors O2 and cleared the codes reinstalled and have about 30 mins on both engines with no alarms.

Back