Logo

2011 Yamaha F150TXR flushing issues

RayManila

Hello all I have a 2011 Yamaha f150 tXR with 240 hours. My issue is when I’m flushing the motor out With ear muffs after fishing in the salt I get no stream from the pee hole. My over heat alarm will sound off then I shut it down. I screw on a garden hose to the top flushing port and I get a weak stream for 2-3 mins then no stream while Water will flow out from the lower unit. But when I’m in the water And motor is fully submerged I get a stream not as strong as I’m use to unless I bump up the RPM to 900 I get a good strong stream. The motor run great all day While Fushing and trolling no issues at any time
I’ve replaced impeller pump And the cup, thermostat, all the Fuel filters and Change The oil. I’ve tried 3 different ear muffs none of them seems to make a difference. I even tried submerging the lower unit in a big tub just over the water inlet where the ear muff goes and running at 900 RPMs but still no stream. Please anyone help help help

Some engines have to be submerged more than that before things start working properly, can you find a deeper barrel or put it in a fresh water lake?

Back