Logo

1996 E-tec 200 floods too easy

Guys

Just bought the damn thing and really struggling. Went to the lake for the first time and she flooded when i tried to start. Previous owner said dont connect gas line until boat is in the water and the motor is level. if you dont follow these instructions she will flood. no way this is right. appreciate any tips or advice to get this right. Note: the boat was converted to premix gas a few years back, so no oil tank onboard.

Gene

Model # of your motor ?????----An E-tec was not marketed in 1996 model year.------An E-tec can not be run on mixed gas !!----I doubt that an E-tec will flood.------Something is wrong here.

Model # of your motor ?????----An E-tec was not marketed in 1996 model year.------An E-tec can not be run on mixed gas !!----I doubt that an E-tec will flood.------Something is wrong here.

The motor housing was painted at some point and has an etec logo on it. let me get back to the boat and get the model number for you. sounds like might have two issue LOL

The motor housing was painted at some point and has an etec logo on it. let me get back to the boat and get the model number for you. sounds like might have two issue LOL

This is a carbed engine in 1996. squeeze the fuel primer, does it get hard and stay hard with the engine off? No? Pull the pulse limiter line and squeeze the primer, does fuel pour out of the pulse line? Yes? you need a VRO pump.

This will flood the engine and wreck the crank and piston if the gas is not premixed.

Back