Logo

2007 8hp 4 stroke tohatsu

Nmocci

Hello, hopefully this will be a quick and easy one. I recently purchased a 2007 tohatsu 8hp. Mfs8a3 3v1. It was missing the cowl gasket and latch. I’m used to working on a Johnson or the like where I can open almost any marine parts site and find a parts diagram and pick out my part, find the part number and then decide where I would like to buy it from. If nothing else making it painless on the phone with the dealer to get the parts. Tohatsu I have not had an easy time doing this. I have yet to find any parts diagrams. I’ve found parts catalogs, only to find that my particular year is skipped over. I see 2006 and then it skips to 2009. What should I be looking at? 2006 or 2009? Or should I be looking elsewhere? This time of year I can’t even get through to the dealer and most wont even call me back if I leave a message. I also would like to find a 9.8 carb to do the upgrade to 9.8 eventually. (Would like to find a used one in good shape rather than buy new for hundreds of dollars) does anyone know what years I should be looking for a carb from? T

sorry for the long post and thank you very much for any help. Nick

As long as it's for the MFS8A3 model, either parts book would work. I'd use the newer one only because it'll have the newer part numbers. For Tohatsu, the year isn't really that important because they make the model for a lot of years before it changing it (at which time, the model number would change). There are a bunch of websites that sell Tohatsu parts online; boats.net, tohatsuoutboardparts.com, defender.com, eastmarine.us, and others. And of course you could also support your local dealer too :)

3V2675010MSEAL RUBBER, TOP COWL (L=1295mm/50.9")$52.55

/*also need 3AA671201M, if replacing older style cowl seal (3V1)-PARTS BULLETIN 12-006*/

3AA671201MCOWL LATCH ASSY.$21.03

Available from any dealer, including me.

Back