Logo

2GM neverending hell

Hilma

We managed to have water mixed with diesel (lots of it) and after some 20minutes of running engine shut itself down. After changing the fuel source we managed to get it back running, but it ran only on neutral full rpm-range but stalled fairly quickly after applying any thrust to the propeller (tons of black smoke and cooling water)
we sent the injectors to the shop for a repair, and they came back yesterday. We installed them, bled the fuel lines completely and many times all the way to the injectors, but the motor runs only at idle. We managed to rise the rpm only ONCE to full, very slowly, but after controlled shutdown engine wont start anymore.

What we have checked and repaired:

-Tank is cleaned
-Hand pump installed to the fuel line (to help the bleeding process)
-Small feeding pump changed completely
-Fuel filter changed
-Injectors maintained and the nozzles changed

-Head gasket changed, head and pistons in good condition. Valves are set properly and double checked.

Just to make clear:
Before injector repair ran on neutral with full rpm-range, but stalled right after applying thrust to the prop (black smoke)
After injector repair starts easily, runs smooth on idle but doesnt allow any thrust (EXCEPT once, ran all the way to the max rpm but didnt start again after controlled shutdown)

Hopefully you guys understand my english since im not native speaker as you might have noticed already.. :D

Me, my brother and my father appreciate any input to our issue!

If as you say there was lots of water in the fuel , then how did it run for 20 minutes ???--Was water put into the fuel tank by mistake, instead of the water tank ?--Have you checked injector pump output pressure ?

If as you say there was lots of water in the fuel , then how did it run for 20 minutes ???--Was water put into the fuel tank by mistake, instead of the water tank ?--Have you checked injector pump output pressure ?

I dont know exactly how it end up to the tank but there was lots of water mixed with the dieselfuel.
Injector pump works, but how can I check the output pressure exactly...? Do I need to remove the pump-unit out of the motor or is there any solution to test it by myself...?
Thanks for the help!

Review installation of injecter nozzles.------If you have good compression in the engine , then I would say you have a fuel pressure issue.-----Pump or injecter installation.

Back