Logo

Zero water psi- is dealer lying?

Zydecat731

I have 2019 yammy f200 with 6yc gauge. The gauge reads zero water psi. The motor pees as it should. The dealer that rigged it, says that Yamaha motor does not feed psi info to the Yamaha gauge. They say that the pitot tube leaked water and they don’t use that anymore. Except that 6yc gauge doesn’t take a pitot tube. It’s all electronic. Can it be possible that the Yamaha gauge has a psi window but the motor does not feed it any info? Seems like bs to me. Are they lying to me?

At idle or low R/M? No problemo seeing zero psi pressure. If that is what you are seeing.

Only specification from Yamaha is 11 psi at WOT.

If you are not hearing the over temperature horn or seeing an over temperature alert on the gauge, what's the problem?

The 6YC display indicates water pressure based on an optional pressure sensor being installed. Do you have the sensor installed?

Thanks. I see zero PSI at all rpms. But I am NOT overheating. The motor pees just fine.

There is a little mistrust issue developing between the dealer and me. I specifically asked if there was an optional sensor that I didn't have or wasn't hooked up. They stated "No, that gauge used a pitot tube that they no longer connect". Now, I knew that was wrong. There's no input for a tube on the 6yc. So I was trying to determine whether they were just pushing me off instead of taking care of a valid concern. I bet that I don't have the sensor. I can live with that answer. thanks again!

Back