Logo

Any propeller repair experts here for advice?

Depends.... what's wrong with them? Need to be sent as a set... they're matched. Generally the cost to repair/rebuild for most repairs is 60 to 70% of new. Many folks I know, repair a damaged prop and keep it as a spare while buying a new prop.

Last edited:
The B series Duo Props (AQ series drives ONLY) do not have a conventional rubber hub arrangement.
Order of assembly:
.... inner aluminum spine hub with vulcanized rubber isolation unit
.... assembly is pressed into aluminum secondary hub
.... secondary hub exterior is trued on lathe
.... prop blade hub interior is then trued on lathe
secondary hub is then epoxied into prop blade hub

In order to see this, you'd need to cut one apart.
I've done this several times when an owner had failed to remove his props and clean and re-grease the spines several times annually.
Props hubs corroded, seized onto shafts, leaving cutting them off as the only means for removal.

And yes, if the blades aren't badly damaged, they can usually be repaired.

By the way, I have two (2) brand new, Volvo Penta OEM, in the box, sets of B-6s if anyone is interested..... 2 FWD props, 2 AFT props, 4 props total.

Last edited:
I got my props back and I'm looking for input. It appears to me that there is no vulcanized rubber on either!

This is the larger forward facing prop. It is metallic on both ends of the hub.

1.forward prop.jpg

This is the other end of forward....

1.forward prop facing aft prop.jpg

This is the AFT prop. Metallic both ends for hub.

1.aft prop smaller one.jpg

AFT facing cone.

1.aft prop cone end.jpg

These are a B7 pair.
If you scroll back in this post you will see that the vulcanized rubber came apart from the hub on both props.

Please tell me that this will work~~~ or better yet, the truth! My thought was that the vulcanized rubber was a thrust component of the prop.

Ugh.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

So the props had a round solid rubber (?) pice with the name Volvo Penta at the forward end of each. That is now a metallic hub surface. Hope that makes sense. Help!

Back