Logo

1978 115 hp lower unit

Johns0n

I'm trying to find the correct parts for my lower end unit on what I thought was a 1978 115hp Johnson. Plate on motor mount is 115ETL78C, insert on motor is E115TLCRD. The water pump impeller is the wedge type, not the key. Need to find the correct rebuild kit for the lower end unit. Anyone know if there is some sort of marking on lower end unit to point to correct parts diagram?

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to find the correct parts for my lower end unit on what I thought was a 1978 115hp Johnson. Plate on motor mount is 115ETL78C, insert on motor is E115TLCRD. The water pump impeller is the wedge type, not the key. Need to find the correct rebuild kit for the lower end unit. Anyone know if there is some sort of marking on lower end unit to point to correct parts diagram?

Thanks in advance.
Are you rebuilding or resealing?

Powerhead would appear to be a 1984 item.-----What is the 6 digit casting # on the DRIVESHAFT thrust bearing housing ?

On the top side between bolt holes.----I think a factory V-4 seal kit would have all the parts you need and some left over.

Last edited:
Back