Logo

2003 mercruiser 5.0 with bravo 3 outdrive

Bc200315

I have a 2003 searay sundeck 220 with a 5.0 mercruiser mpi with bravo 3 outdrive. I recently took it out and it ran great for about 2 hours. I was riding along and it suddenly died . I let it sit for a few mins and it cranked back up and I moved about 20 yards and it died again. Let it sit and did the same thing. I was able to get it back to the dock to load it up eventually. Brought it home and replaced both the fuel filter and the fuel water separator. Hooked it to the water hose and it ran for about 3-4 mins and died again. The IAC is good, no audible alarms, I checked the fuel rail and it’s getting fuel. Any ideas??

I have a 2003 searay sundeck 220 with a 5.0 mercruiser mpi with bravo 3 outdrive. I recently took it out and it ran great for about 2 hours. I was riding along and it suddenly died . I let it sit for a few mins and it cranked back up and I moved about 20 yards and it died again. Let it sit and did the same thing. I was able to get it back to the dock to load it up eventually. Brought it home and replaced both the fuel filter and the fuel water separator. Hooked it to the water hose and it ran for about 3-4 mins and died again. The IAC is good, no audible alarms, I checked the fuel rail and it’s getting fuel. Any ideas??
Anyone help?????

Ayuh,..... Loose, broken, or corroded wirin' in the ignition,..??..??
Now it’s not shutting all the way off, take to lake and it cranks up fine, runs at 1800-2000 rpms fine, go anything over that and it cuts out and starts back firing . Then I let off and it will idle and wait 30 secs and I can go again till over 2k rpms

Now it’s not shutting all the way off, take to lake and it cranks up fine, runs at 1800-2000 rpms fine, go anything over that and it cuts out and starts back firing . Then I let off and it will idle and wait 30 secs and I can go again till over 2k rpms
Another thing I noticed is if I put the boat in neutral and throttle it without being in gear and will not cut out at all, once I put in drive and throttle it it starts cutting out anything over 2k rpm

If u have a fuel / water Sep. filter if filter has been on a long time, when you remove old filter , feel filter base seal surface , it can cause air in fuel

If u have a fuel / water Sep. filter if filter has been on a long time, when you remove old filter , feel filter base seal surface , it can cause air in fuel
What can make the fuel pressure drop all the sudden? I replaced both pumps and fuel filters. It holds 38 psi so no leaks. But drops when I get over 2300 rpms

What can make the fuel pressure drop all the sudden? I replaced both pumps and fuel filters. It holds 38 psi so no leaks. But drops when I get over 2300 rpms
Anti siphon valve , screen in fuel tank pick up, degraded fuel hoses, fuel pressure regulator.

Back