Logo

force 40...merc or chrysler?? Need prop

dennisomfs

trying to find a prop for a Force 40 with no serial number or old prop to go by... the prop shaft visble from housing is a toatl of 3 1/2", diameter is 11/16". spline count is 14, maximum prop diameter for clearance is 11" ...length of the splines are 2" (of the 3 1/2" exposed shaft)...one shaft I found pictured in my search appears to look like mine and is for the 1992-1994 model year for the Force 40 but I can find no details on shaft specs or spline count which would help in finding a prop. Any suggestions appreciated as the "experts" manning the catalogs by phone don't seem to have access to the props and therefore seem to be stymied without an engine serial number in spite of having all the above measurements. Thanks DRSpence

Without a year??or model/serial# or a picture it's gonna be almost impossible?????

Post a pic.
After 5 posts here you can add pictures.
Need the motor cover, the mid section and the lower unit.
A side on pic will help the most.

You motor can be a 92-95 Force model.
Or 96 up Mercury lower unit.
Like I said, a picture will help.

I’m new to the system... the serial number age issue was what retailers clamor for but as I told them, if I had that info, I could look it up myself. I am still hoping someone is knowledgeable enough about propeller shafts and props to be able to make a suggestion based on the measurements I’ve supplied. I guess I could post a picture of the motor and a closeup of the bare shaft that looks like the shaft pictured in the parts breakdown. Problem with that is that it doesn’t tell me how splines on the shaft or length of the shaft on the 1992-1994 40 hp 2 cycle Force Engine breakdown drawings...

Without a year??or model/serial# or a picture it's gonna be almost impossible?????

Post a pic.
After 5 posts here you can add pictures.
Need the motor cover, the mid section and the lower unit.
A side on pic will help the most.

You motor can be a 92-95 Force model.
Or 96 up Mercury lower unit.
Like I said, a picture will help.

OK....tryimg to find a way to post pics since above I cant post until 5 posts (????) ...at any rate, I spent a couple hours on computer and it seems that a prop called Michigan wheel at 10 3/8 diameter and 14 spline shaft might work on a 92-94 Force outboard. Ive got pictures if you know a way to post them...

Your correct!!!
Now go to Michigan Propeller and figure out the right pitch.
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Tahoma,Calibri,Geneva,sans-serif]https://www.miwheel.com/outboard-propellers/outboard-sizing-analysis/

[/FONT]
OK....tryimg to find a way to post pics since above I cant post until 5 posts (????) ...at any rate, I spent a couple hours on computer and it seems that a prop called Michigan wheel at 10 3/8 diameter and 14 spline shaft might work on a 92-94 Force outboard. Ive got pictures if you know a way to post them...

Back