Logo

Need Help Please on my Yamaha. New to forum

uniquetouch

Hi guys. Honored to be apart of these forums did not know they existed until now. Wish I knew years ago lol. You guys' knowledge is amazing , read a lot of threads last hour. I have a 2001 sailfish 20ft center console with a 2000 yamaha outboard 150 ox66. My trim is giving me problems and will only go up half way. I loosened the trim relief valve so that I could get the motor all the way up and lock it. Was going to pput it in the water tomorrow and bring it to a friends dock but now that wont be possible. When you press the trim button it makes a weird noise like fluid and air gargling. once i manually got the motor up and locked i pressed the trim button and the pistons that come out and push the motor up were coming out real slowly and one at a time. Wondering if that is normal operation. Also the piston that is at the top the large one do the seals go on that ever? Also on my fill reservior once you take off the cap and try to put fluid in it just comes right out the same hole. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wondering if maybe it was just a seal kit i could get. but please respond if you know anything about this. Thank you so much

I have had issues with my 250 yamaha's turned out that the seals had been leaking and the level was low. When I top off the resevior I raise the engine high then lower it gently onto a stack of blocks thus taking the engine wieght off of the system , only then do I remove the fill bolt and add fluid to the resevoir until the fluid pours out the same fill hole .. You close it back up at this point and I had to run the motor up and down a few cycles to bleed the system and it started working fine. I still need to replace the seals , its on my to -do list . I hope this helps!

Back