Logo

1987 E40ELCUD rectifier wiring diagram

The rectifier on my 40 hp Evinrude has a red wire,(pos), 2 yellow wires with a blue tracer, and a solid yellow wire. Wouldn't the solid yellow wire be my negative? The way it is wired now, it has this solid yellow wire connected to a yellow with blue tracer, and one of the yellow with blue tracer wires connected to the negative.

The rectifier on my 40 hp Evinrude has a red wire,(pos), 2 yellow wires with a blue tracer, and a solid yellow wire. Wouldn't the solid yellow wire be my negative? The way it is wired now, it has this solid yellow wire connected to a yellow with blue tracer, and one of the yellow with blue tracer wires connected to the negative.
There's no ground wire on the rectifier,the case is ground.one of your yellow wires should have a gray tracer.

look up your motor parts break down on this site, check ignition parts, the CDI rectifier has a tech info download that explains install and troubleshooting

Thanks for your help. I tested the rectifier, it is defective.

Be aware that the replacement rectifier may have 3 plain yellow wires ( there is no need to distinguish between them)which connect to the yellow, yellow/blue and Yellow gray wires coming from the stator coils. The red connects to two reds. The case should be grounded

If you have remote electric starting. Red connects to purple/red and there will be a gray which should also be connected to the yellow/gray from the stator

You will be able to find a copy of the Seloc manual, including a wiring diagram, which covers your motor on the Boatinfo website. Sorry link not allowed on this site

Last edited:
Back