Logo

Trim up/down AND trailer not working.

SassyMinx

We were taking our 98 Maxum 1900 SCL out, trim worked, went half way down on launch. Once we got away from the dock, the trim and trailer buttons stopped working. No clicks. Nothing. We have removed the trim pump and tested each component. Everything works. We have tested the solenoids, cleaned wiring contacts, no broken wires. Checked & replaced the fuse - still nothing. Dead. Any ideas on what's going on or where to start looking now?

Caveat: my bf is way more up on this but does not have access to a computer right now, so I apologize if I am using the incorrect terminology.

Edit: I just thought of something. The last time we took her out, there was an intermittent alarm that went off, but nothing in the gauges indicted an issue. Not sure if that is related.

Last edited:
I just thought of something. The last time we took her out, there was an intermittent alarm that went off, but nothing in the gauges indicted an issue. Not sure if that is related.

it helps to know which engine and drive are on the boat.

My guess is one of the fuses popped....depending on the model, there could be up to three in the trim pump wiring.

A set of factory service manuals would be worth the trouble to locate....

I doubt the trim issue is coupled to the alarm....

it helps to know which engine and drive are on the boat.

My guess is one of the fuses popped....depending on the model, there could be up to three in the trim pump wiring.

A set of factory service manuals would be worth the trouble to locate....

I doubt the trim issue is coupled to the alarm....

Mercruiser Alpha One

Back