Logo

2002 BF225A engine light

topcat7574

Hey guys, new to the forum and I have a problem. I have a 2002 225 BAGJ-1002272. At first I was getting 2 codes, 24 & 25 which some said was thermostats. Had a friend pull them and boiled on stove and they opened up around 140*. Reinstalled them and cleared the codes, seem to work no codes came back on. But now when you turn key on it beeps, all lights come on and go off except the engine light. It stays on and never turns off, we decided to launch it and go run it. Gets up and runs decent but when it gets to 3000 rpm's it acts like it goes into a safe mode or something and will not go any faster. It might stutter or cut out some also. I'm bout at the end of my rope with this one. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Have you disconnected the jump at the diagnostic plug, that is usually the only reason for the light staying on?As far as codes 24 and 25 are concerned, that is not a thermostat issue, it means that either your temp sensor is faulty or there is a short or open circuit in the wiring between the sensor and the ECM. In other words, for what ever reason, the ECM is not getting a correct value from the temp sensors. So, you need to get access to Dr H to verify what the temp sensor voltages are, that's the simplest method, otherwise get a manual and follow the fault finding process. Your engine is going into guardian at 3000rpm because the ECM is not getting a correct reading from above mentioned circuits.

Back