Logo

1988 mariner 150 magnum tilt issue

jodobbs70

Hey guys. Head zcratcher for ya.
I put a new tilt trim mptor and pump assembly on 6 years ago and hung the motor on a stand.
Goin to mount it now finally and the trim motor is working but i have now tilt up or down. Theres plenty of fluid .
Is there something im missing or has the pump dreid up and quit from no use

Not exactly sure on that style trim system, but its going to be a large plastic screw, maybe white down near the bottom of the cylinders or reservoir. I dont remember if yours is a single ram or 3 ram system. When you find it, just snug it up.

Not exactly sure on that style trim system, but its going to be a large plastic screw, maybe white down near the bottom of the cylinders or reservoir. I dont remember if yours is a single ram or 3 ram system. When you find it, just snug it up.

I found one withe a c clip and wound it out. Thought that was the drain plug

You are going to have to open the manual release screw just three turns, tilt the engine up by hand, engage the tilt/ trailer bracket to support the engine and fill the reservoir with tilt and trim fluid or power steering fluid, close the manual release screw and start trimming up and down until all of the air is bled and purged. The system will self bleed.

Back