Logo

Stalling/bogging issues

Cfoss2010

3.0 merc ran fine past 2 years. Still starts right up first turn but starting to have some bogging issues this year. Still on my first tank of gas which was mixed with stabilizer so not sure if that would cause anything but this year when I throttle up it starts to bog out other times it goes fine.
Makes me think it’s time for a carb cleaning, is this something a professional should take care of not knowing much about these carbs or rebuilding other than YouTube. Not looking for a quick sea foam fix either if that’s the case
Any ideas what could cause this because gunky carbs? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Notes
-Starts right up
-Sometimes bogs down then picks up/sometimes picks right up
-Stalled out once
-Fuel is still mixed with stabilizer

Pull the flame arrestor and have someone work the throttle while you look down inside (motor OFF). Do you see a spray of gas? If not, the accelerating pump needs replacement.

Jeff

Low fuel level in float bowl due to lack of fuel pressure (pump output or clogged filter), float / needle and seat sticking, or clogged passages in carb are possible causes. No easy button, carb disassembly if fuel supply is ok. Look at fuel filter in bowl on bottom of fuel pump. Possible fuel system is contaminated requiring cleaning before carb rebuild ....

what do the plugs look like

Back