Logo

Default 88 200 hp starving for fuel

I have an eighteen gallon tank mounted under the port windshield. I installed a metal fuel line from the tank to the water fuel separator in the stern. Itís about a 16í run. No sharp turns. If I run over 4000 rpm for more than a minute or two it starts to shut down. The bulb collapses and the motor starts shutting down. The fuel line is 3/8. I put a new pick up tube in the tank. Is this just to long of a run or am I missing something? When I start to make a fishing run, I have to hit the choke when I accelerate to get going.

Default Re: 88 200 hp starving for fuel

Quote Originally Posted by nemer View Post
    I have an eighteen gallon tank mounted under the port windshield. I installed a metal fuel line from the tank to the water fuel separator in the stern. Itís about a 16í run. No sharp turns. If I run over 4000 rpm for more than a minute or two it starts to shut down. The bulb collapses and the motor starts shutting down. The fuel line is 3/8. I put a new pick up tube in the tank. Is this just to long of a run or am I missing something? When I start to make a fishing run, I have to hit the choke when I accelerate to get going.

Your bulb collapses , I would check your vent line or the screen at the end if you have one. Could be blocked