Logo

Please help to identify an old MARINER 20-35HP ?

Cezar

Hi all,
I'm a newbie in boats and engines and I arrived on this forum after I tried to find some informations about a boat engine that is around me for sale.
I am talking about a MARINER model that I saw in the garden of its owner, but I don't know too much about it.
The owner claims that has 20HP, but I think that is stronger.
If possible, please help me to identify the model, and *maybe* to find a service manual for it or for a similar model.

The serial no. is 9521327 :

serial-mariner.jpg

The engine looks like in the following photos:

mariner1.jpg mariner2.jpg mariner3.jpg mariner4.jpg mariner5.jpg

One of my friends told me that he thinks that the gearbox could be a high-thrust type, but this is something too far from my skills to appreciate :rolleyes:

NOTE:
I found some info here :
http://www.autorepairmanuals.biz/page/609764
According to the data published (Marine Engine Look-Up Guide: Mercury) , the serials between 9505948 - 9550111 points to a 35 HP engine from 1988 and the serials between 9506022 - 9550111 points to a 65 HP engine from the same year. Also, serials between 9506136 - 9549298 points to a 50 HP, and the serials between 9506191 - 9549298 to a 60 HP.
It is obviously that I cannot manage all of that informations. Anyway, if you may help me with exact info, I will also be curious to know where you finded (of course, if I am not asking too much! :cool: ).

In the hope of an answer, please let me wish you all the best !

Regards,
Cezar

Back