Logo

2014 EFI 25 HP overheating

mikerino

Changed the water pump out, the old one seemed OK. Always shoots a good stream. It seems better now, only overheats at first. Checked the oil and to my surprise there was too much, came out the dip stick hole when I took it out. Changed the oil, there was no water or anything in the old oil.

I take it for a spin at full blast and after about 1 minute the alarm goes off, the oil light is on. Shut down and wait a couple of minutes, then it is fine, several minutes at full blast, no alarm or oil light.

There is some steam coming out of the back when the alarm is going off.

All of this happens each time I take it out (three times so far). Does it just need more time to warm up? The motor is on a 16 foot pontoon boat. Its rated for a max HP of 50.

Thoughts?

Changed the water pump out, the old one seemed OK. Always shoots a good stream. It seems better now, only overheats at first. Checked the oil and to my surprise there was too much, came out the dip stick hole when I took it out. Changed the oil, there was no water or anything in the old oil.

I take it for a spin at full blast and after about 1 minute the alarm goes off, the oil light is on. Shut down and wait a couple of minutes, then it is fine, several minutes at full blast, no alarm or oil light.

There is some steam coming out of the back when the alarm is going off.

All of this happens each time I take it out (three times so far). Does it just need more time to warm up? The motor is on a 16 foot pontoon boat. Its rated for a max HP of 50.

Thoughts?
Check the inlet screens for blockage.

Back