Logo

PIN-Shift Pivot-With Dri Lok

It is a Chrysler ( Then called FORCE ) designed lower unit.-------Marketed by Mercury for the last few years.----You might be able to get it back in if the hole on the shifter fork ( 18 ) is in the right place ! ----What is " Dri Lok " ????----Some sort of epoxy ?

Called shift or pivot pin.
IF you remove it and don''t shift the shift rod or turn the drive or prop shaft?
You might be able to reinstall it.The first one I removed(newbie) went right back in.
Then I asked my boss what it was for. After that I have never removed one unless I was doing
a dismantle.
If you remove it, replace the seal and use Loktite or something to keep it in place.

Thank you for the info.
It's what came up on the parts diagram,being of a lazy disposition,I copied and pasted the part name.I assumed it was some type of thread lock to make it difficult to remove it accidentally.Seems in this case,if it was,it didn't work and the guy removed it thinking it was the drain/fill screw.

Just saw your post Jerryjerry05.
Well the guy turned the prop and has attempted to shift gears,so at that rate of going,it looks like a strip down to get it back in I'm thinking.

It's not really that hard.
Just use some assembly grease on the little U shaped connector.
Assembly grease disolves quick and won't make the parts sticky.
I wonder how many have removed that little bugger??
Millions??

Well if I ever have to get up close and personal with a Chrysler lower unit,I'll need to remember this info.I make enough work for myself as it is:).
Thanks again for the replies.Cheers

Back