Logo

Tilt Issue - 1995 130HP Johnson 2 Stroke

Charybdis

Thanks for reading. Any help appreciated. I am new to boating and quickly getting to know my outboard.

I have an issue with the tilt. My outboard tilts to the highest position automatically. When tilted down from the highest position it only goes approx 1/5 of the way (not even reaching the trim cylinders) and stops when I release the trim switch it automatically goes back up to highest position.

I am able to unscrew the manual release with the battery disconnected and the outboard lowers all the way, to lowest level. When the battery is reconnected the outboard again tilts automatically to the highest level.

Any help and guidance appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks for reading. Any help appreciated. I am new to boating and quickly getting to know my outboard.

I have an issue with the tilt. My outboard tilts to the highest position automatically. When tilted down from the highest position it only goes approx 1/5 of the way (not even reaching the trim cylinders) and stops when I release the trim switch it automatically goes back up to highest position.

I am able to unscrew the manual release with the battery disconnected and the outboard lowers all the way, to lowest level. When the battery is reconnected the outboard again tilts automatically to the highest level.

Any help and guidance appreciated. Thanks in advance.
One or both relay need replaced.

One of the two switches is stuck in the on-position - either at the cowling, or at the switch on the remote control. Start with examining and cleaning these, and spraying some WD40.

Thanks for the input.

Yesterday, somehow the issue fixed itself.

Is it possible that there may have been a short in the system?

Thanks

Back