Logo

1997 Johnson 115hp 2 cycle transom swivel bracket anode location

rigby38

I'm new to boating. I bought a 1997 Seaswirl fish and ski. It's in really good shape. It has 3 anodes. One is on the gear case. I found where that one goes. One goes on the bearing housing. I found where that goes.

One goes on the transom swivel bracket. For the life of me I can not find it. Unless it is completely gone.

It is Johnson / Evinrude Transom Bracket Zinc Anode (398331) or 433458 Johnson/Evinrude Transom Bracket Zinc Anode

Like the title says it is a 1997 Johnson 115 hp 2 stroke. Any help, especially a picture would help.

It's probably right in front of me but I can't see it. I can't find a picture or a video either. Getting very frustrated.

Last edited:
I'm new to boating. I bought a 1997 Seaswirl fish and ski. It's in really good shape. It has 3 anodes. One is on the gear case. I found where that one goes. One goes on the bearing housing. I found where that goes.

One goes on the transom swivel bracket. For the life of me I can not find it. Unless it is completely gone.

It is Johnson / Evinrude Transom Bracket Zinc Anode (398331) or 433458 Johnson/Evinrude Transom Bracket Zinc Anode

Like the title says it is a 1997 Johnson 115 hp 2 stroke. Any help, especially a picture would help.

It's probably right in front of me but I can't see it. I can't find a picture or a video either. Getting very frustrated.

There are two types

One is a bar that goes between the bottoms of the two halves of the transom clamp bracket.

The other, corresponding to the numbers you have given, consists of two blocks , one on the bottom of each half of the clamp bracket

Last edited:
So it is a 60 degree looper.----No 433458 as per post # 1 on that motor.------Just looked at a midsection on the scrap pile and that anode is much easier to see with motor off the boat.---- Should be able to see the 2 screws that hold it.-------Post picture from each side ( bottom ) of the stern bracket.

Ugg. I still can't find them. I have included 3 attachements.

It is J115ELEUA

In which case it is the single bar type anode ........... you can see it in the parts diagram on this site

Or see it on my attached diagram ( I hope the red arrows point to where it fits )

Johnson transom bracket anode.jpg

Back