Logo

Moving battery to the bow

25Johnny

Contributing Member
Gents,
Running #2 battery cable under the bench seats along the side of a 14' aluminum boat and looking for something to use for a chase to protect the cable. 1-1/2" PVC pipe has 2" OD and was looking for something in little lower profile. Any ideas?? I was looking at the residential wire chase stuff at Home Depot. It was pretty cheesy and would probably sag between the seats. Thanks Guys!!!

Something rigid? There's like a gazillion kinds of sleeving for exactly this kind of thing. If it were me, I'd use the non metallic conduit. It's flexible enough, won't crush and is cheap and easy to get at Home Depot. It's not rigid like a pipe tho. It's stiff so you may need to lay it in the sun for a while to get it to relax.

81zMl6fQANL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thanks but, looking for something stiff. It's going from bench seat to bench seat along the side on a rowboat. Think I'm going to use 1-1/4" ridged plastic conduit.

Thanks but, looking for something stiff. It's going from bench seat to bench seat along the side on a rowboat. Think I'm going to use 1-1/4" ridged plastic conduit.
that should work fine! as long as you use the gray electrical conduit, that is rated for UV exposure!

Back