Logo

Boat Power Trim/Tilt Issue

rhode145

Boat Power Trim/Tilt Issue: 1989 90HP Evinrude V4. I emptied the all the trim fluid from the lower valve seal and removed the piston pump control to make sure everything has been drained. In other words, I removed the lower drain plug (part 60) and the piston (part 9) that has an o-ring and 2 springs on it. I put everything back together just the was I found it. I refill the trim until the motor is back to the highest it will go and does not rest on the manual rest. I then lower the trim/tilt until it is all the way down and then for some reason it will not go back up, unless I turn the manual release and pick it up myself. I then drain everything back out to find the o-ring on the piston pump control keep breaking. I have done this 3 times now. Why on earth does the o-ring (part 22)keep breaking? here is the diagram of what I am talking about: http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1989&hp=90&model=E90TLCEM&manufacturer=Evinrude§ion=Power+Trim%2Ftilt+Hydraulic+Assembly

I suggest you post this on the Evinrude Forum. Go to top left of this page, click on "Forum Home" and scroll down to the Evinrude Outboard forum and post there.

Back