Logo

OMC prop on a merc?

vroomZOOM

Regular Contributor
Hello

Was looking around for some props for my 115 opti, found an OMC 13x19 in decent shape. Will it fit and what mods may be needed to make it fit? Can the hub be changed out in it maybe to work on my motor? What about a universal hub, does such a thing even exist?

Thanks

Might be, but I'm not sure. Check the OD and lengths carefully compared to a Merc prop before going any further.

With the cost of manufacturing props nowadays--and the competition--one would suspect there's some interchangeability.

Jeff

Last edited:
Since the replaceable hub innovation took root I was under the impression that the reason was to make a generic prop fit numerous power plants of different manufacture. That said, other than spline count and getting the correct thrust washer and locking mechanism, all part of the hub kit, what's the big difference considering you stay within the window of your HP range?

I know Merc. Makes 2 trim tabs, one for shallow pitch props and a thinner one to clear higher pitched props....have run both. No idea as to OMC. And some engines don't run TTs at all; just a flat plate or no plate.

If a pressed in hub it wont fit unless hub swapped to a Merc as splines and count different..If newer style with square replaceable hub just buy the Merc kit and use it.

Back