Logo

BRP Shut Evinrude down!! No more moters!!

Fazt, for a person who has been in the marine business for 60 years and mainly all OMC products that really SUCKS !! I never did trust those French BASTARDS from the start when they took over the company and I guess this proves I was right !!!! Boobie !!!

Fazt, for a person who has been in the marine business for 60 years and mainly all OMC products that really SUCKS !! I never did trust those French BASTARDS from the start when they took over the company and I guess this proves I was right !!!! Boobie !!!

Terrible news. To end it this way, because of a germ...
The best Outboard Motor Company there ever was!

Bad thing is no support on any of the Etech series, no parts for ANY motors over 5 yrs old and pricing of other brands will increase. If I had a BRP DFI it would be on the market in AM or stuck in a shed as parts will become like gold. Now all parts will be sourced aftermarket...their prices just went up again.

True.
I'm no tech, but I loved them for the fact that even I could get any parts I ever needed, even going back over 40 years, and those motors would and still do run.
Truly an end of an era.

For me, name Evinrude was/is more than just a outboard brand, it is very important part of boating-history. For me it is always been honor to have Ole Evinrude´s spirit with me on the boat. And that spirit will never betray me.

The virus knows no borders.------If your product is not selling due to lock downs.-----People out of work not buying your product.-----People not coming to work at your factory.----You have to make changes.-------What are BOEING and AIRBUS going to do in the next 2 years ???-----There will be many more surprises and changes world wide !!

This is very unfortunate. In 30 years of boat ownership my outboards have always been Johnson/Evinrude. Yes I'm biased, but they have always seemed to be good quality and reliable. I've been considering a re-power of my Ranger bass boat and had found some Etec Gen 1 motors I was thinking about. I guess I'll have to put the brakes on that search and start researching which other brand I want to go with now. :(

I too have only owned jhonson evenrude i guess im biased as well. I only hope we will stiĺl be able to get parts for the older motors.

When Merc et al give dealers bottom price to sell/ install on their boat you will put people out of business when you can’t get your motor sold

Back