Logo

2003 yamaha SX200TXRB wires and fuel line swollen and rotting away

chs

Contributing Member
this engine wouldnt start and i found the battery cable going to the motor had severe voltage drop, once i got a new cable set i pulled the old one out of the loom only to come to fins a real big obstruction inside the loom, it looked like a snake with an animal in its throat. as i managed to get some movement out of the cables and hoses/ wires and throttle cables, i could see the obstruction working its way out of the loom. i found the battery cables insulation swollen up and falling apart also the fuel line, speedometer hose and one of the harness sheething was swollen, ive never come upon anything like this before, it looks like there was some sort of chemical that got into the loom and contaminated everything inside.
has anone come across this before?

Attachments

• yamaha3 (2).jpg
    yamaha3 (2).jpg
    619.5 KB · Views: 17
  • yamah2.jpg
    yamah2.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 15
  • yamaha1.jpg
    yamaha1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 14
By loom are you referring to the rigging tube? If so, what you are seeing is not unheard of. Bleach and other chemicals can get into the rigging tube. With no way to drain out over time the degrade the rubber and other materials used to cover throttle/shift cables, battery cables, fuel hoses and whatnot.

Back