Logo

2004 Johnson 90hp 2-stroke

amill411

Model number and serial number are worn and can't make them out. Here's some pics -

YF7bIBa.jpg

feCM9uJ.jpg

AQaK46E.jpg

cPxOxDS.jpg

Did you get an answer? Not sure but it looks a lot like my 2000-01 90 horse Johnson. Can you show the coweling? And if you did get an answer, are you able to find the correct repair/maintenance manual for it? I am looking all over the place for it. BTW the model number of my engine is J90PLSIF.

The SI makes it a 2001 model.-----Any of the 60 degree 90 / 115 HP carbureted models from 1995 to end of production would use the same manual.-----Should be easy to find a manual.

The SI makes it a 2001 model.-----Any of the 60 degree 90 / 115 HP carbureted models from 1995 to end of production would use the same manual.-----Should be easy to find a manual.

Yep the SI makes it a 2001 model, and for the most part I am seeing that the service manual is applicable for all of those model years. I found one for the 2001 Evinrude model number E90PLSIF but then I found the manual for the J90PLSID and it seems closer to my exact motor than the Evinrude. Can you tell me what the F stands for specifically? I know it has to do with "Model Run or Suffix," but what then is the "model run or suffix" that F stands for? And if you can tell me, how difficult would it be to install an external canister fuel filter in line so I can use a water separator filter? Thanks for the input/guidance. Your expertise is appreciated.

Correct information is important.-----What is the model # of this 2001 Evinrude.----Reread that model #-----And is this 2001 Evinrude a carbureted motor or fuel injected.

From MarineEngine.com, "2001 Evinrude E90FPLSIF 90hp Outboard Motor," and it has fuel injection, and a canister fuel filter.

I thought there was one F missing in post #4.-------The 2001 model Evinrude manual does not work for the carbureted models.

Back