Logo

Oh o!! Need info on this anyone?!! Not looking good!!

MittyB

Hey Everyone,

I have a 1982 Evinrude 60hp (E60TLCNM) outboard on a little boat and i have just checked the prop for any major damage but while doing so noticed these cracks (click me to see) anyway not sure if this is part of a separate plate as on the underside there is a noticeable line between the forward part and where the cracks are this looks to indicate that maybe this is a separate plate (click me to see) if this is a plate could someone please let me know and if not the same would greatly appreciate all comments and help as im a bit of a newbie to the boating world. for reference these images is what im talking about (click me to see) its under the hydrofoil and this motor is old but seems to be well looked after i bought around 2 years ago and i can confirm it hasnt touched the water for those 2 years and 1 year prior to my knowledge but around 4 weeks ago i got it going after a weekend fix up. had low hours i believe and wasnt used much but seems to be a tough bugger,

cheers, mitchell.

The aft, port side corner of the AV plate is clearly cracked. I guess it is only the hydrofoil that is holding it in position but that is as a result not 100% secure

I think the straight lines you can see across the AV plate in front of the forward two hydrofoil fixing screws are just lines in the casting

The gear case parts diagram for your motor on the engine diagrams tab on this page shows you whats what.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1982&hp=60&model=E60TLCNM

(except that the part labelled 75 is incorrectly described in the parts list.)

The aft, port side corner of the AV plate is clearly cracked. I guess it is only the hydrofoil that is holding it in position but that is as a result not 100% secure

I think the straight lines you can see across the AV plate in front of the forward two hydrofoil fixing screws are just lines in the casting

The gear case parts diagram for your motor on the engine diagrams tab on this page shows you whats what.

http://www.marineengine.com/parts/johnson-evinrude-parts.php?year=1982&hp=60&model=E60TLCNM

(except that the part labelled 75 is incorrectly described in the parts list.)

Hey mate thanks what should you suggest I do with it ?? Try and repair or bite the bullet and fork out the money?? Not preferable so anyone with ideas please let me know!

Hey mate thanks what should you suggest I do with it ?? Try and repair or bite the bullet and fork out the money?? Not preferable so anyone with ideas please let me know!

Get the AV plate repaired. ( welded)

Scrap the hydrofoil if you don't need it otherwise refit it with some extra reinforcing

Back