Logo

HELLLLLPPPP me please...

Hdbikerman1993

I recently bought a 1992 sunbird with a 4.3L omc cobra engine.
I've been slowly restoring it. I went to finally crank it over & ran my batteries low. I decided to try & jump start it & fried my start cart and now I have ZERO power to anything on my boat. Did I fry out both circuit breakers?? Neither one of them were popped....... My outdrive is stuck in the down position so I can't even tow it anywhere to get repaired.

Last edited:
there are a pair of 50 amp fuses that are on the engine bracket that holds the big 9 way cannon plug, there are cylinder shaped fuse holders, you may have blown one or both of them.

there are a pair of 50 amp fuses that are on the engine bracket that holds the big 9 way cannon plug, there are cylinder shaped fuse holders, you may have blown one or both of them.

Where abouts on the bracket are the fuse holders??? All I see are 2 50amp breakers..... Are they on the main harness wiring somewhere??

Where abouts on the bracket are the fuse holders??? All I see are 2 50amp breakers..... Are they on the main harness wiring somewhere?? Or are you talking about the breakers themselves??? If so... Can you fry them without the buttons popping?

the link is all one word :boat info dot no
this site wont let me post the link it *`s it out

Last edited:
Thank you....... I just took a volt meter to my batteries & they're all good. Traced positive leads up to the 2 cicuit breakers and I have power up to both of them. Is it possible to cook both of them without popping the buttons??? Thank you

Back