Logo

Exclamation HELLLLLPPPP me please...

I recently bought a 1992 sunbird with a 4.3L omc cobra engine.
    I've been slowly restoring it. I went to finally crank it over & ran my batteries low. I decided to try & jump start it & fried my start cart and now I have ZERO power to anything on my boat. Did I fry out both circuit breakers?? Neither one of them were popped....... My outdrive is stuck in the down position so I can't even tow it anywhere to get repaired.
    Last edited by Hdbikerman1993; 05-23-2020 at 05:17 PM.

Default Re: HELLLLLPPPP me please...

the trim pump should be a direct hookup to the battery

there are a pair of 50 amp fuses that are on the engine bracket that holds the big 9 way cannon plug, there are cylinder shaped fuse holders, you may have blown one or both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by louc View Post
    there are a pair of 50 amp fuses that are on the engine bracket that holds the big 9 way cannon plug, there are cylinder shaped fuse holders, you may have blown one or both of them.
    Where abouts on the bracket are the fuse holders??? All I see are 2 50amp breakers..... Are they on the main harness wiring somewhere??

Quote Originally Posted by louc View Post
    Where abouts on the bracket are the fuse holders??? All I see are 2 50amp breakers..... Are they on the main harness wiring somewhere?? Or are you talking about the breakers themselves??? If so... Can you fry them without the buttons popping?

manual shows a 50a fuse coming off the starters main post , the other 50A is the main system fuse
    go here b,o,a,t,i,n,f,o.no omc section trim/tilt section 13? page 584
    omit the comma`s
    Last edited by Bt Doctur; Yesterday at 08:46 AM.

https://www.crowleymarine.com/johnso...cfm?mdl=ITALGD

take a look at these diagrams, it is somewhat different than my '88, I don't have breakers only fuses. What you really need is an OMC wiring diagram for your year. They are out there you just have to look around, or bite the bullet and get a factory shop manual which you should have anyway.

8. Default Re: HELLLLLPPPP me please...

Quote Originally Posted by Bt Doctur View Post
    manual shows a 50a fuse coming off the starters main post , the other 50A is the main system fuse
    go here b,o,a,t,i,n,f,o.no omc section trim/tilt section 13? page 584
    omit the comma`s
    I tried opening the link you sent but it won't open up. Could you please send it again?? Thank you ..
    Plus do you know if you can fry breakers without them popping??

the link is all one word :boat info dot no
    this site wont let me post the link it *`s it out
    Last edited by Bt Doctur; Today at 11:36 AM.

11. Default Re: HELLLLLPPPP me please...

Thank you....... I just took a volt meter to my batteries & they're all good. Traced positive leads up to the 2 cicuit breakers and I have power up to both of them. Is it possible to cook both of them without popping the buttons??? Thank you