Logo

1996 mercury tracker 125 stator question

Michael1234

Ok first time posting I have a problem the motor is charging at 16 volts all of the electronics are after market it has a 16 amp stator and new they are really expensive the 9 amp is cheaper is it possible to go from 16-9 I am getting a new regulator/rectifier bc mine looks like it’s a little burnt from clear gel and I found that the 2 yellow wires melted together a little so I spliced them back together just to see if that was the problem I was talking to my uncle about the problems I have had and he said I need to change stator ,trigger , switch box ,and the regulator all at one time or they will fail again

Well I disagree with your uncle...No you cannot swap to a 9 amp. The eason it overcharges is: bad rect/reg, battery conoctions dirty/loose or battery is going bad.

Well I disagree with your uncle...No you cannot swap to a 9 amp. The eason it overcharges is: bad rect/reg, battery conoctions dirty/loose or battery is going bad.

ok so would it be safe to go with new reg first and see if it fixes the problem before I change the 300$ stator lol I found a new regulator for 40$ and a switch box for 70$ he said the bog until after quarter throttle would be switch box could that be true?

Last edited:
Back