Logo

Honda bf9.9d where does the water check line attach to the engine.

dmdelorme

The water check hose came off my outboard and i cant find where it connects to the engine, i also cant find it in the shop manual. it is a bf9.9 babj-1301351 lhc Canadian model. thanks

Last edited:
It runs down through a hole on the base plate to a barb fitting on the side side of the mid section just under the powerhead.https://www.boats.net/catalog/honda...999/oil-case-shift-shaft-handle-specification
Item 42

thanks.
I will check when i am at the boat. it kinda sucks to have to pull the motor again but lol it is all my dam fault i made a joke about taking a picture before i pulled stuff off to get at the carb. then ended up with this issue. once i got the motor running i realized i did not have any water coming out but thought it was supposed to come out of exhaust port... i really cant see the location on my boat. well after changing impeller then removing it and other parts to flush out the system because i thought that i had something blocking it. no luck pulled it again replace the cooling tube grommet and putting a full impeller kit in and remounting outboard. i still did not have any stream. A person on the same slip started is motor and i saw where the stream should come from i realized my mistake.. do i have to remove both lower covers?

I doubt very much that it's come off, they don't just fall off. Just blow back through the outlet nozzle with the engine running in water and it will clear itself. It's also easy to refit the lower unit and miss the water tube on those engines. Are you sure the water tube went into the pump outlet when you refitted it?

i got the water tube connected it was the water check tube the runs to the lower side cover that is missing. or pee tube that connects to the lower right side cover.
I know i have water flowing as it does not over heat.

i got the water tube connected it was the water check tube the runs to the lower side cover that is missing. or pee tube that connects to the lower right side cover.
I know i have water flowing as it does not over heat.

Back