Logo

Success!

Indianaron

Finally, I figured out problem. Thanks to all who posted to help me. It was part#39 in the carb diagram- plug orifice. It was clogged so no gas could get to the main jet. One more question- how can you tell if the water pump is working? Should there be a stream coming from the engine?

If you're talking about a 1964 3hp Johnson like you posted about before, there won't be a telltale "pee stream" to show you that the water pump is working. I think there are a bunch of small holes in the back of the tube that you will see spitting out a little water mist. Most of the water goes out with the exhaust.

If you're talking about a 1964 3hp Johnson like you posted about before, there won't be a telltale "pee stream" to show you that the water pump is working. I think there are a bunch of small holes in the back of the tube that you will see spitting out a little water mist. Most of the water goes out with the exhaust.

Thanks for the reply. I will put this thing in my lake tomorrow and monitor the cooling.

Back