Logo

1992 VMAX 200 Spark Plug Fouling

Dorevich

My spark plugs continually foul after a few outings. Once replaced, the engine starts right away and idles perfectly, after a few outings it becomes increasingly hard to start and idles very rough.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Alex

Are you using the correct spark plugs? Gas?oil? Is your cooling system working proporly?Have you checked spark?Compression?What have YOU done?

Hi Rwbutler,
I’m using the the same type as were in there from the previous owner (br8hs) - he was having the same issues. I’m using premium gas and fresh oil. The engine cooling system appears to be functioning normally. I’m not sure on how to check compression. All I’ve done so far is put in new plugs which immediately solve the problem, but soon after that the issue appears again.

Hi Rwbutler,
I’m using the the same type as were in there from the previous owner (br8hs) - he was having the same issues. I’m using premium gas and fresh oil. The engine cooling system appears to be functioning normally. I’m not sure on how to check compression. All I’ve done so far is put in new plugs which immediately solve the problem, but soon after that the issue appears again.
The key word to question in my post is"correct"

Back