Logo

Bf225

Mr Jim

I have a 2002 Honda 225hp. I have had to replace the fuel pump insulator with the fine mesh screen on the bottom because of fuel restriction and loss of power several times thru the years. It does not take much to cause a problem. I know it is the last filter screen before the injectors, but has anyone tried removing the screen on bottom of insulator. Seems like overkill. The car engines don't have them.

Never noticed there was an additional screen as you stated. Swapping fuel pump insulator always fixed my problem. Thanks for the additional info. Its just such a pain to change the insulator, was tempted to remove bottom screen and see what happens. Probably won't. Just need to keep clean fuel going to the engine. You would think after a large spin on filter before the motor along with the high pressure and low pressure filters along with water separator bowl on the motor not much would reach the fuel pump insulator. Doesn't seem to take much to clog and need replacing. On another note I purchased the anodes for the exhaust manifolds years ago but have never replaced them. Noticed one post where someone said replaced theirs but did not appear to need replacing. How critical are those anodes. Doesn,t look too difficult.

Those anodes generally don't lose their shape, they just get a lot lighter as they become depleted. All internal anodes are important in keeping corrosion under control.If they lose their effect you will start getting spots in the block getting attacked by electrolysis, don't chance it.Honda recommends replacement every 400hrs or 4 years, which ever comes first

Back