Logo

Honda BF150 - What is this thing?

jknowles207

Hi. Does anyone know what this part does, or is for? I have a slow oil leak coming from this location when I tilt my engine up. The schematic is oriented strangely but the red circle is about 3 inches away from the engine latch release on the front of the engine. I am looking to know how bad my issue is and what the intended use of this spot is? Should there be some type of bolt in the hole (See actual photo, not schematic)?

block.jpgScreen Shot 2020-05-19 at 9.46.06 AM.png

I just looked at mine and can not get a good look behind the intake to see the area you have pictured (mine is an 06). Do you have any residual up by your oil fill?

I just looked at mine and can not get a good look behind the intake to see the area you have pictured (mine is an 06). Do you have any residual up by your oil fill?

Hi. No, there is no residual by the oil fill. Things look good other than the leak. It is definitely way worse a leak after running the engine for a while. When it's on the hard with the ear muffs on at low rpm's the leak is not as bad, but still there a bit. And, only when tilting the engine up.

The only other thing I could think of is from a breather assembly. I’ve heard of seals going and oil ending up in the flywheel area but this doesn’t sound like that.

Correct, it's a flywheel housing breather, you have a lower crank oil seal leak into the flywheel housing, remove the starter and check, you'll find oil on the flywheel which should be dry

Back