Logo

New member, hi all please help Suzuki 50hp 2000

Chaddy

Hi I have a 2000 Suzuki 50 hp 4 stroke that will instantly fire up but instantly dies then won't restart until I wait a bit? I pulled fuel line off elec fuel pump out and I hold finger hard over end and it still squirts past finger? I'd guess around 30-50 lbs pressure? Just guessing. I can't find a check port to connect pressure tester? I just got pontoon with this prob. Can u head me in any direction? I'd think that it has plenty of pressure being a car mechanic for over 30 yrs? Any help really appreciated?

Just like a car, it still needs spark ,compession, and the ability to exhaust.
Last night I triple checked the fuel, I took line off hi pressure pump and u have to push really hard to stop the spray which from experience in car and other elec fuel pumps that's plenty of pressure, when it won't start I have good spark at plugs, only thing I haven't checked becuz I can't find my adaptor yet is comp.but it has less than 100 hrs on engine and it feels like it has over 100 psi using finger over plug hole.but I need to check for sure. But when u first hit the key it instantly fires for bout 2 sec then dies and won't fire again? Even with fuel and spark? If I wait awhile and try again,itl do same thing? Does shmthing get plugged in throttle body? Or does a sensor go bad somewhere?

Back