Logo

Need to Connect a 1972 Chevy 427 Marine engine to a Bravo One Sterndrive

Bassman50Glenn

Hi all,
I've got a 1973 Cruise a Home houseboat that has a Mercruiser 325 sterndrive with the 427 Chevy motor. Problem is the transom plate corroded and the sterndrive busted off (broken gimbal bearing mounts). I've capped the rubber boot connection on the outdrive gimbal transom plate, but can't find a replacement transom plate, so I want to switch over to a Bravo one drive and transom plate. The Mercruiser 325 has a transmission connected to the engine instead of a coupler. Does anybody know if a 454 coupler for a newer Bravo drive motor will bolt onto the 427 after removing the transmission?
Thanks for any help.
Glenn

sounds like an old TRS drive, with the gear behind the engine....

I would think the new coupler would bolt up - depends upon the hole pattern drilled in the current flywheel...worse case is drill new holes...

sounds like an old TRS drive, with the gear behind the engine....

I would think the new coupler would bolt up - depends upon the hole pattern drilled in the current flywheel...worse case is drill new holes...

That would be great. That way I would only need to buy a used Bravo One drive with the transom plates. And of course, the coupler.

Back