Logo

No power topside, only below deck in 1985 Celebrity 225V

bsorge

Hello,

I recently acquired a 1985 Celebrity 225V. I installed 2 new batteries and checked that all connections are connected. I have 12v power below deck but absolutely nothing topside - this means the ignition switch and dash. I made that the main circuit breaker was switched on and both batteries have 12.5v each. Is there a mystery breaker or switch that I am not aware of? I looked all over the interwebs for this and can't find anything, including owner or repair manuals for this boat. It has a 5.7l OMC aboard BTW. Thanks.

Bruce

The ignition switch harness gets its battery connection from the battery connection at the starter. in that time frame, OMC had one or two fuses in the smaller wires connected to that terminal...I'd start there....

The ignition switch harness gets its battery connection from the battery connection at the starter. in that time frame, OMC had one or two fuses in the smaller wires connected to that terminal...I'd start there....

hi, I figured it out. The previous owner disconnected the cables from the starter. I discovered this when I found out the 50 amp fuse was corroded and noticed the cable on the other end disconnected. I pulled the manifold and riser to see the starter as well as replace them because the water passages are in bad shape, and that’s where I discovered the other wires weren’t connected.

Back