Logo

bravo 3 gear oil change

davidwbeitz

I changed the gear oil in my bravo 3 outdrive today and ended up very confused. I drained the system and put ~2.5 quarts back in to get the reservoir filled up to the full line. I haven't run the drive to see if the gear oil level needs to be topped off.

The oil I drained out was very dirty and didn't appear to be contaminated with water however I got at least 1.5 gallons out of the drive. The fill reservoir was at the add level when I started.

Any ideas where that volume of oil could have come from?

I changed the gear oil in my bravo 3 outdrive today and ended up very confused. I drained the system and put ~2.5 quarts back in to get the reservoir filled up to the full line. I haven't run the drive to see if the gear oil level needs to be topped off.

The oil I drained out was very dirty and didn't appear to be contaminated with water however I got at least 1.5 gallons out of the drive. The fill reservoir was at the add level when I started.

Any ideas where that volume of oil could have come from?

1.5 gallons ????- I'm sorry but a Bravo 3 doesn't hold that much fluid - are you sure you drained the out drive?

Back