Logo

Plenum pan plate removal to clean?

RobertArtist

I have a new 318 long block ordered for my 32' Marrinett. I am taking the engine parts in for sand blasting and the guy recommended that I cut the rivets and remove the plenum pan plate, then just tap and bolt it back on.
Would this be necessary? I have Visions s of the bolts falling out.
Also, is there a way to be sure the eng. Circulating pump is good while off from engine? (I have never ran this engine)
Thanks.

Not sure what say about the bolt other than lock washer, loctite spot weld.
As for the pump, just take it apart now and replace the impeller...

Jack

I have a new 318 long block ordered for my 32' Marrinett. I am taking the engine parts in for sand blasting and the guy recommended that I cut the rivets and remove the plenum pan plate, then just tap and bolt it back on.
Would this be necessary? I have Visions s of the bolts falling out.
Also, is there a way to be sure the eng. Circulating pump is good while off from engine? (I have never ran this engine)
Thanks.

The engines in my boat are from 1972 and the rivets have never been removed from this manifold pan. If I am not mistaken this exhaust galley is only used for a dashpot style choke. My engines have been upgraded to electric chokes so the galley serves no function that I am aware of.
As far as the engine water pump goes, as long as the bearings and seals are in good shape the pump should be fine.

Back