Logo

internal fuel lines

Chris061

I've got an older 2001 Honda Bf115 fuel system has been updated.
Motor is operated in fresh water lakes, about 50 hrs per year, always kept in garage when not in use.

During spring inspection, I noted a slight crack in fuel line at the fuel pump end. The hose was just long enough that I could cut off the bad end and reconnect, however.. I'm considering replacing all the low pressure fuel lines as preventative maintenace.

The shop manual does not give any interval on replacement.

How often should these internal lines be replaced ?

Also, should the high pressure line going to the fuel rail be changed ? ( It seems OK).
Thanks

Last edited:
There's no time interval for swapping out fuel lines but if you want to do preventative maintenance, I'd have to quote my old pappy if I asked him the same question.

Pappy would say:

"Son, those lines been on there fer almost 20 years. They don't owe you a dime"!

Based on that, I'd say change 'em and then worry about it again in 20 years.

Well, I wish I could tell Pappy thanks but he's gone on to better pastures.

$100 is, I think you will find, fairly inexpensive for the peace of mind it's going to yield for you.

No horror of looking aft to see the flames erupting will be in your future.

Please let us know how easy or hard it is. I'm sure others are probably wondering if they should do the same.

Finally got the parts after a 2 week wait for backorder.

Unfortunately, there are 2 listings for fuel tube B (goes from quick disconnect to water seperator) the part I ordered does not fit my application, so I'll have to wait some more :(

FYI.. I ordered #16952-MZ5-000, however..... the part needed is 16861-ZW5-010.
Sure wish parts retailers would show actual picture of part.

The rest of the hoses went on with no problem, the old hoses were stiff compared with new items. Glad I'm doing this.
Note... when changing the HP line from FP to injector manifold, be sure to drain the fuel from fuel pump canister, otherwise you'll get gas flowing all over when changing this line.

Back