Logo
Click for Honda Manuals, Parts and Model Guides!

Default 2017 BF20D Foot Removal Problem

I have a new to me 2017 BF20D that I'm trying to service since I don't know the maintenance history. This is on a RIB that was used in saltwater to begin its life and is now going to be on an inland freshwater lake. I was in the process of trying to remove the foot to do the water pump overhaul kit. I have disconnected the shift linkage and removed four 6mm bolts. The foot is not dropping. I have tried tapping around the seam with a rubber mallet to maybe loosen it up and tapped on the cavitation plate as well with a few blows...no joy, it's not moving. Is there some other connection I'm missing? I have a 2004 service manual and it doesn't say there is any other fastners, but mine is a new model so maybe it's different. There are what appear to be three holes that maybe there is a pin that needs to be driven out? Maybe it is just corroded up from its saltwater days and needs more blows from the mallet? I don't want to break anything because I'm missing something. Anyways, if you have any ideas or tricks to correctly break this loose, I'm all ears. I'm attaching a photo of the three holes that I'm not sure what they are there for...my punch doesn't go through any of them. Thanks in advance.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200509_100145-small.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	23450

Default Re: 2017 BF20D Foot Removal Problem

Typically there's a 5th bolt toward the rear of the case. If it's not obvious, remove the trim tab and look there.

Default Re: 2017 BF20D Foot Removal Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hicks View Post
    Typically there's a 5th bolt toward the rear of the case. If it's not obvious, remove the trim tab and look there.

Thank you Alan, I totally missed that 5th bolt and she dropped right off. I appreciate your help!